Samoëns Residence (Haute-Savoie)
339, route du Grand Massif
Tél. : +33(0)4 50 34 97 78
Fax : +33(0)4 50 34 40 24
E-mail. : firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordonnées GPS :
Latitude : 46.077897
Longitude. : 6.724722
• Full comfort Arts et Vie residence rental package
• Grand massif ski area: Samoëns, Flaine, Morillon, Les Carroz, Sixt
• Near the grand massif express gondola (300 m) with direct access to the ski area up to April 22
Samoëns, a true Upper Savoy villageThe residence
With a surface area of 2.5 ha, a private woods bordered by a stream, it is a construction in the Savoy style composed of a large reception/recreation/activities chalet and, away from the traffic, six large two-storey chalets that house the apartments. Tennis courts, sports courts, and underground parking complete the compound.
Warm and comfortable, they are all equipped with : television, telephone, American-style kitchenette (refrigerator, hot plates, microwave, dishwasher, storage racks), bathroom with shower, separate toilets, electric heating.
Depending on their capacity, they are organized as follows :
• 2 rooms for 4 (31 m² on the ground floor) : small terrace, mud room with storage compartment, lounge with living corner that can be transformed into a sleeping corner (2 single sofa beds), bedroom with 2 single beds.
• 3 rooms for 6 (50 m² on the second floor and in two levels) :
• on the 1st level : entrance, lounge with living corner that can be transformed into a sleeping corner (2 single sofa beds), and bedroom with 2 single beds
• on the 2nd level : separate bedroom with double bed and corner sink. An individual storage compartment is provided on the ground floor of the chalet. Furnace in all 3 rooms.
Note : three 2 room apartments are outfitted to accommodate mobility-challenged guests.
Please leave the apartment clean when you check out.
Animals are not allowed in all exterior spaces and all common areas of the residence. For conditions of acceptance, see the "Pricing Breakdown" section ("Détail des forfaits") in the General terms of sale.
Available to residents
• in practice : 1 underground parking space per apartment on the ground floor of the reception building, laundry room with washers and dryers, optional breakfast at the bar, all stores and services available in Samoëns.
• in the reception chalet : library, French and American style billiard, ping pong, and game rooms, large festivities room, bar with terrace.
• outside : 4 synthetic grass tennis courts accessible once the snow melts (bring balls and rackets), basketball/volleyball court, pétanque court, giant chess set, games for children.
The activities program
• all Saints’ Break : last hikes before the snows, tennis, etc. Already published in the Summer/Fall brochure : reminder of prices in the table.
• at Christmas : visit from Santa Claus for the little ones waiting around the giant Christmas tree.
• new Year’s Eve : big Saint-Sylvestre party. At midnight, celebration of the New Year and dancing...
• when there is snow : cross-country ski and snowshoe outings in the surrounding area, led by Arts et Vie guides – minimum of 5 people.
• during school breaks : daily activities program
If there is no snow during spring break, and starting in Jun e: hiking program, mountain bike outings (possibility to rent them in Samoëns) in addition to tennis and parties at the residence.
• for summer 2012, a huge program of mid-mountain hikes and activities : excursion on trails and G.R. hikes, led by Arts et Vie guides (Arve-Giffre reserve, Chamonix Valley, etc.). Detailed in the Summer-Autumn 2012 brochure due out in January, but registrations are already open.
• and in the great Arts et Vie tradition : travel slide show, tournament parties, concerts, conferences and fun raclette parties (with participation).
Our "snow" practices
• the Grand Massif, ski area combining 5 resorts (Flaine, Morillon, Samoëns, Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval and les Carroz) : 265 km of slopes, 135 trails, 71 lifts, 229 snow makers. Access to the ski area in 8 minutes by the Grand Massif express gondola just 300 m from the residence. Cross-country skiing : 12 trails, 70 km over all of Morillon-Samoëns-Sixt-Fer-à-Cheval.
• french ski school : 70 instructors – including 22 instructors for children. Contacts in the village, tel. 04 50 34 43 12; plateau des Saix, tel. 04 50 34 40 86.
• all information available when arriving at the residence or, for busy periods, you can make reservations in advance at www.ventes-en-ligne-esf.com
In the area
• exhibitions at the famous Pierre Gianadda de Martigny foundation (Switzerland) 2 hours from the residence : "Ernest Bièler" in collaboration with Kunstmuseum de Berne, from December 1, 2011 to February 26, 2012, "Portraits" collection from the Centre Pompidou, from March 2, 2012 to June 24, 2012, "Le Mythe de la Couleur. Collection Merzbacher", from June 29, 2012 to November 25, 2012.
• a stone’s throw from the residence : skating rink, movie theater, hang gliding school, parasailing, swimming pool, rafting, mountain biking, spelunking, accrobranche ropes courses, miniature golf, high mountains, many cultural destinations.
• getaways not to be missed : Chamonix, Mont-Blanc, Annecy, Évian, Geneva, etc.
Located at an elevation of 700 m, in the Giffre mountain valley, near the regions of Chamonix and the Swiss Valais, Samoëns is a beautiful village listed by the National Registry of Historic Monuments. Over the years, it has been able to cultivate tourism while preserving the look of a typical Upper Savoy village. A hiking area by summer, when the snow falls it becomes a very lively winter sports resort with the wonderful ski slopes of the Grand Massif, an alpine and cross-country ski area.
The residence is located near :
• Cluses (20 km) and 490 km from Paris
• the residence is accessed via the Blanche (White) highway (Cluses exit).
Train access :
arrive at the Cluses train station (19 kms), then taxi or SAT bus to the residence or arrive at the Annemasse train station (30 kms), then taxi.
Access by car :
take the Blanche Geneva/Chamonix highway, exit at Cluses. Follow the signs to Samoëns. Come up through Chatillon, then Morillon. Arriving at Samoëns, cross the Giffre, then take the first road on the right after the bridge. The residence is 200 m (just after the gondola) from the grand massif express. To maintain the setting of the residence, a covered parking structure has been built at the ground floor of the reception chalet. Park your car in the spot marked with your apartment number. Likewise, bicycles must be stored inside the parking structure. The apartments are accessed via footpaths, and luggage carts are available.
Access by plane :
arrive at the Geneva airport, then taxi
Useful telephone numbers for the trip :
• SNCF information : 36 35
• taxis : 04 50 90 11 98; 04 50 34 43 82; 04 50 34 21 88
• SAT bus : 04 50 37 22 13 or 04 50 34 40 09
• information on highway conditions in Upper Savoy : 08 26 02 20 22
• weekdays : check-in after 2:00 pm (before 8:00 pm) check-out at 9:00 am.
• weekends : check-in after 6:00 pm (before 8:00 pm), check-out at noon
• for weekends, spring break and offseason: depending on availability, short stays, early arrivals, extensions, etc. may be available, contact the residence directly.
• reservation and payment, at the residence, at the current rate for the period
• apartment rental
• sheets and pillowcases provided
• utilities (water, electricity, heat)
• hospitality taxes
• 1 underground parking space per apartment
• the use of a television
• wifi access
• free access to tennis courts once the snow melts
• during school breaks or periods listed, the activities programs listed in the description
• table and bath linens
• 1 deposit of € 250 per apartment, paid at check-in, returned at check-out, with a deduction made for any damages
Rental rates (euros)
Weekdays Sunday through Sunday, excluding*.
Important : for dates followed by an asterisk (*), registration is made by mail or on our premises. Click here to find the contact information for the Arts et Vie agencies.
|Dates||2 R. FOR 4||3 P. POUR 6|
|Winter offseason, for the period from|
|January 06 to January 20||280 €||330 €|
|January 20 to February 17||320 €||380 €|
|March 17 to March 24||320 €||380 €|
|March 24 to March 30||280 €||330 €|
|Winter break, for the period from|
|February 17 to February 24||690 €||850 €|
|February 24 to March 03||800 €||990 €|
|March 03 to March 10||800 €||990 €|
|March 10 to March 17||690 €||850 €|
|Spring break, for the period from|
|April 14 to April 21||280 €||330 €|
|Spring offseason, for the period from|
|June 09 to June 30||210 €||240 €|
|Summer vacation, for the period from|
|June 30 to July 07||210 €||240 €|
|July 07 to July 14||340 €||400 €|
|July 14 to July 28||450 €||530 €|
|July 28 to August 11||480 €||580 €|
|August 11 to August 18||350 €||420 €|
|August 18 to August 25||250 €||320 €|
|August 25 to September 1st||210 €||240 €|
|Autumn offseason, for the period from|
|September 1st to September 15||210 €||240 €|
|Christmas break, for the period from|
|December 21 to December 28*||530 €||680 €|
|December 22 to December 29||530 €||680 €|
|December 28 to January 04*||600 €||780 €|
|December 29 to January 05||600 €||780 €|
|Week-ends outside of breaks*|
|1 night||60 to 91 €||69 to 109 €|
|2 nights||90 to 137 €||103 to 163 €|
|3 nights||120 to 183 €||137 to 217 €|
|4 nights||150 to 229 €||171 to 271 €|
Cliquez sur le bouton ci-dessous pour consulter les disponibilités de ce séjourLes disponibilités